Saturday, September 02, 2006

Chief Reverend (1919 - 2006)

The demise of Chief Reverend is a great loss to the Buddhist community in Malaysia & Singapore. Death is a necessary end. Chief Reverend's departure was a peaceful and timely one as he has lead a complete life - just like the Buddha.

Although Chief Reverend has departed, his talks, advice and numerous publications will continue to illuminate the lives of many people.

I often relied and can always continue to rely on Chief Reverend's writings for invaluable guidance and practical solutions - to counsel me in living life.

Chief Reverend has lived a life of profound wisdom and compassion.

I bow down low to Chief Reverend with deep respect. Maha Sadhu.

Chief Reverand, may you blessed with supreme bliss of Nibbana.


Life story of Chief Reverend: http://www.ksridhammananda.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear ML,

Although I never met Chief Reverend in person when he was alive, but the power of his words reached out to me through his books and gave me great insights on how to live life with compassion and wisdom.

I'm just sososososooooo glad that I had one final chance to see him. ML, thanks so much for taking me along, and thanks to your mom for driving us to the temple to pay our final respects :-)

P/S: I doubt if I will ever forget the first time I sat in your new car!

6/9/06 4:28 PM  
Blogger cmeel said...

Yeah, I agree with u that the power of his words is amazing.

You're most welcome. We enjoyed your company. :)

P/S: I doubt u ever forget anything. Hehee... :D

11/9/06 1:33 PM  
Blogger Songie said...

lol... :) Lauren n her super memory.

Cheerz to Chief Rev - for his gentle reminder, even after he has 'gone'.

15/9/06 3:00 PM  
Blogger cmeel said...

Yup! :)

17/9/06 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tzu Chi International ReliefTzu Chi Global

Tzu Chi International ReliefHospice