Sunday, April 30, 2006

Angels @ office car park

Three incidents below prove my point.

Office parking system: Take ticket upon entry. After work, pay at machine, enter car and exit with paid ticket.

Incident 1
After work, i dipped my hand into the slot of my bag where i always put my parking ticket. Ticket wasn't there. Not surprising... mindless me always leave the ticket in the car. So, i went to the car; but couldn't see the ticket through the windscreen (which i usually did). Then i started wondering where i misplaced it. At that very instance, i found the ticket!! It's outside the driver's door - firmly tucked between the window and the rubber strip which lines the window base. Phew~*wiped sweat*~ :-) The ticket had a few shoe prints and was slightly crumpled - These prove it was actually lying on the floor before an angel picked it up and put it on my car. I wonder who's that angel. So kind of you!! I'm amazed how you could tell the ticket is mine? :) You made my day!! You reassured me that there are real nice people around office! Thanks so much!! :) Come to think of it, anyone could have taken the ticket since it's outside my car... but no one did. Blessings to all kind souls out there. :)

Incident 2
After work. I paid for parking at the machine, hastily took the change (6 fifty-sen coins!) then walked really fast to the car as I was in a hurry. Someone called-out-loud: "Hey Miss! Moi! Moi! Hello Miss! Cik!" I ignored him as i was sure he's just a harmless bored security guard calling me for fun. He walked faster to catch up. He caught up when i reached my car which was parked 50 metres away from the pay-machine.

"You left your ticket at the machine lah! Nah, here is your ticket." he said.

I was very grateful & guilty and went, "Thanks so much, Encik. Terima kasih banyak-banyak for taking all the trouble to walk all the way just to return my ticket to me! Thanksss!! Thanks! Sorry ah! So sorry!"

Lucky me! ^_^

Incident 3
Parking fee is RM7 per day (yes, it's that expensive!). The machine does not accept RM50 notes. Only RM1, 2, 5 and 10.

At the machine, one girl went, "Oh shucks! I only have one RM50. Sigh."

Immediately, the other girl behind her (who's a stranger to her) offered her RM7 and said, "Just take it. I don't have change for fifty but i have enough loose change to pay for yours and mine."

"Which floor are you working at? I'll pay you back tomorrow."

"Ah, don't worry. Don't bother. Just take it (extended her hand with the money and insisted the girl to take the RM7). "

"Huh?! But... how... no lah, cannot...cannotlah."

"It's ok. Someone helped me the same way before. It's my turn to help. (Smiled)"

"Wow! I'm so glad I meet you here! (Beaming with smiles) Thanks a lot! By the way, I'm X".

"I'm Y. Nice meeting you. Have a great week ahead and see ya around! ;)"

Conclusion: Little things like this easily make someone's day. The best thing is when the "infected" person spreads it on sincerely. Spirit of Good Samaritan. Wonderful!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Aly said...

That is so sweet...sweet angels...

3/5/06 1:52 PM  
Blogger cmeel said...

yup... :)

4/5/06 11:00 PM  
Blogger Songie said...

angel meets fellow peers...

6/5/06 8:49 AM  
Blogger cmeel said...

lol :D

14/5/06 12:33 AM  
Blogger weeleng said...

mei ar mei, being an optimist, you would think that all these are angels.
but u oso have to be careful ok? ... how u know if these are not 'angels in disguise' trying to con or kidnap u?

u never know. just have be street smart and extra cautious.

ur concerned che che.

27/6/06 11:03 PM  
Blogger cmeel said...

che ar che, being kinda pessimistic, you would think that all those are devils. but u oso have to be carefree a bit ok? how u know those are not 'mistaken devils' trying to help or safe u?

ok ok, on a serious note, yup i agree we gotta be streetsmart - neither too skeptical nor too carefree... just smart. thx 4 ur concern :)

4/7/06 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tzu Chi International ReliefTzu Chi Global

Tzu Chi International ReliefHospice